If you want to increase your business’s customer base, profits and brand recognition, you need a credible online presence. If you currently don’t have a website or if your existing site is unprofessional, chances are that your business is losing customers and ruining your company’s reputation.
Consider the following tips to develop a stronger Internet presence for your company:
- Offer a professional website design. Running a business can be expensive, which is why so many business owners look to cut corners. However, when it comes to tightening your budget, website design and website development are not areas where you should be skimping. If you want to be successful online and establish credibility, you need to invest in a professional, eye-catching, user-friendly website design.
- Elicit trust. If your website lacks the basics, like a phone number and address, you will turn a lot of potential customers off. Always post your full contact info, including your address, phone number and email throughout your website.
- Use logos. Do you work with a lot of great clients or brands? If so, feature their logos prominently on your website so that your prospective customers will know that your company is credible.
- Publish testimonials. Testimonials are important in developing your online presence. Remember that it is easy to spot fakes, so only use real testimonials to show your potential customers that you are the real deal.
- Show yourself and your staff. Use bios and photos to earn the trust of perspective clients and customers.
- Keep an eye on your online reputation. ‘Google’ your company’s name regularly for a chance to interact with your customers. If someone had a negative experience and is bashing you on a review site, you can leave them a comment telling them how to get in touch with you and remedy the situation. This will help others to recognize that you are being responsive and it can help take the sting out of a negative review.
Use social media. Create profiles for your business on Twitter and Facebook. Remember, if you want to harness the power of social media, you have to post content and images, interact with your followers, and regularly respond to m