Social-media is quite similar to other aspects of your business in the sense that getting desired results takes time, especially if you want to build a community of advocates for your product or service.
You have to start by building a solid foundation, sharing quality content, and engaging on a daily basis if you want to create a quality Facebook page. You want to get quality “likes” and return visits from people who are actively interested and engaged in what you do.
There are a number of ways to make this happen.
1. Ask them to like you. A simple button (you can get one from Facebook) and some basic instructions are all you need to get the ball rolling.
2. Give them a reason to like you. People get several page invites per day. With hundreds of thousands of pages out there, you need to let people know why they should like you over someone else.
3. Make your Facebook page an extension of your website. A Facebook page is like a free mini website, so treat its landing page like your website’s homepage. It is your opportunity to catch the visitor’s attention in four seconds or less.
4. Make your page actionable. Your landing page can be just as dynamic as your website. Therefore, you should include a hyperlink to your site and showcase other key links, without over complicating the page.
5. Be competitive. Offer a good deal, special offer, or a fun competition. This will help to create buzz and keep your fans engaged, while enticing new visitors to click the “like” button.
These are some of the most common ways that you can really hit a home run with your Facebook page and get the most out of all that the social networking giant has to offer.
Copyright 2011 dzine it, inc. social media marketing All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.