It is no secret that both Google and Bing factor signals from social media into their organic search algorithms.
As the line between social media and SEO continue to become thinner, social media becomes an increasingly important SEO component. The fact is, social media is about relationships. Relationships, as we know, help to prove the relevance that is at the core of organic search.
It is also no secret that Facebook currently boasts a whopping 800 million active users and that 50% of them log in to their accounts daily.
You can bet that your customers and prospects are included in those numbers. They’re on Facebook and they are likely trying to engage with your brand.
For businesses without a Facebook page, there are ten reasons why they need to get on the bandwagon.
11. Major search engines crawl and index Facebook Pages because they are publicly available. As a result, Facebook Pages do come up in search engine results.
12. Google recently started crawling and indexing Facebook comments.
13. Many people actually begin their searches on Facebook.
14. SEO is increasingly becoming all about “web presence” and businesses without a Facebook page do not have a good web presence.
15. Your target audience is on Facebook.
16. The “Like” button is just as valuable as a backlink to your website.
17. Anyone who “Likes” your business can be considered a new “lead” or “contact”.
18. You can use your Facebook presence to build additional quality backlinks.
19. Facebook is mobile accessible, giving businesses another platform to market their content and brand.
20. Your competitors probably have a Facebook presence.
Copyright 2011 dzine it, inc. Internet marketing All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.