Every website starts with a particular goal in mind. Whether your goal is to create a simple online presence or to build a thriving online business, one of the most important things you need to do is make sure that your website can be found.
For this to happen, a website owner must establish a good search engine optimization (SEO) campaign.
One of the most important aspects of an SEO campaign is off-page optimization, because it is one of the most important factors in increasing your ranking results. Essentially, off-page SEO is about building inbound links to your website, or getting quality blogs and websites to link back to yours.
The more inbound links your website has, the more your site is perceived by the search engines to be important and relevant to a specific topic. Link building is not as easy as it may seem.
Consider the following five steps to better link building:
1. Quality Content. Your website needs to have high-quality, educational or entertaining content because when your readers like your content, they will naturally want to link to it.
2. Social Interaction. In today's online world, it is easy to join a lot of networks and want to be active on all of them. Instead, try focusing on a select few important social networks, engage and interact with like minded people and build a strong following.
3. Submit Content. Try and write for websites with authority. There are so many advantages to being a regular contributor at important websites, such as Technorati.
4. Be a Guest Author. Write for other blogs related to your industry, especially if you know how to write quality content. You shouldn't have any problems finding relevant blogs that will want to publish your work.
5. Create Videos. Create and submit videos to high authority sites like YouTube. When submitting your video, optimize the title, description and meta tags. In the description, create a link that points to your website and then promote your videos for maximum results.
Copyright 2011 dzine it, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.